Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm Mommy's MAN!!

My baby boy just turned 2 today. I can't catch up to how fast he's growing. He is still as snuggly as the day he was born, though. :)
He and Daddy have a play argument that carries on from day to day...
Daddy: You're Mommy's boy, aren't you?
Son: No, I not the baby! I'm Mommy's MAN!
Daddy: I'M Mommy's man.
and back and forth they go. It brings a smile to my face everytime I hear them.

I was well into my first trimester when my daughter was turning 2. There are times I feel I shorted her on my attention as I dealt with morning sickness and exhaustion. She is such a special and wonderful little girl - how can I get frustrated and angry with her? So often, I take for granted the blessing I have of being able to stay at home with my babies and laugh and learn with them all over again.
Throughout the mad rush of the day, I hear the counsel to take a good look at my children and enjoy them at the age they are now. How true this is. How fast time passes! And what did we end up accomplishing in those moments that we pushed our loved ones to the side with replies like, "Not now, hunny, Mommy's working", "In a minute; I need to finish this" , "We'll read together as soon as I'm done with this"... Oh, for the wisdom of one who has seen all her children to their own lives and now has the time to reflect on such moments as these.

And now, as my little one asks me to play with him, I'm going to drop what I'm doing right now and get down on the floor with him. After all, He is only going to be in these Terrific Twos for a few months. :)

No comments: